Monday, September 6, 2010

An Ex-perience, The Final Chapter

We have been home now for 5 days and some of the events of "Trippin with the Ex" are starting to fade. What hasn't faded are the memories of the sights and sounds of our beautiful province. When you consider we travelled approximately 3800 kms in 10 days, we saw a lot, experienced many different weather conditions and did a road trip that I have been dreaming about for 4 years.

While travelling with an ex-girlfriend was at times a little trying, we did come home without causing each other any bodily harm and, to my knowledge, we are still speaking. It was my intention to have a good time, see my province at an age where I will remember what I saw and to share it with someone I like, keep in mind there is a reason we are ex's and that will not change.

I would like to share some of the best places we visitied starting with the Wells Hotel in the Barkerville area, if you want to get away from it all, this is the place to go, no TV, no Cell service and no in room telephones. It was quaint, quiet and offered the visitor a little taste of the past. The service is very laid back and I think that added to the ambiance. The best place for hot springs was Miette, in the middle of the mountains, half hour drive from civilization and it had the most to offer, 4 pools which accommodated a lot of people so you didn't feel like you were sitting on top of each other. We travelled to 4 hot springs and Bev went into each one. I only went in Miette and Radium and she went into Fairmont and Ainsworth. The strangest weather goes to the Rocky Mountains, you never know what weather a mountain pass will serve you. There was a sign that did mention the weather changes suddenly when travelling through mountains passes, no kidding. The most comfortable bed goes to the Holiday Inn in Osoyoos, it was also the most expensive hotel. The view of the lake from our balcony and the softness of the bed made my last night of the road trip the most comfortable.

Each and everyday offered us something new, different and exciting, from the smoke filled valley's near Quesnel, to the snow covered mountains of the Rockies. in my eye, it was all new. I will cherish the memories for a long time, I am also looking forward to doing again. There are some wonderful romantic places to visit and folks, I am going to go back and enjoy it all over again... maybe a honeymoon or whatever...

I hope you all enjoyed my adventures because I sure did enjoy sharing it with you...till next time ...

No comments: