Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Where have I been?

Well, well, well... where have I been? I noticed that I have not posted anything since we adopted Molly, which was in March... life has been busy, sort of.

Where do I start, Gussie has been sick since the fall last year, she was diagnosed with Cushings Disease and we have spent months trying to get her adjusted to her medication. In April she developed diabetes, she was so sick, she spent a night in the emergency care hospital in Langley and then 2 days at our vets so that they could get her adjusted to insulin. Well folks, it is September, a year later after it all started, and we have finally seen the end of the tunnel. Poor old Gussie has been thru hell and back, every week there seems to be a test for one thing or another, with this past week we have turned the corner and her med's are correct for her Cushings and Diabete. We have to give Gussie two insulin injections a day and she has turned into Cujo or maybe a Pitt Bull disguised a a poodle, wow she get cranky. We are managing, it is a life changing experience for me having to be home every day and night to give Gussie her med's. I am trying to understand what the universe is preparing me for.

Molly has turned out to be a pretty good addition to our family. She has a stubborn streak that sometimes can be very frustrating. You never know what you are getting when you a rescue a critter. To be continued...

No comments: